The Company has delineated a 1 Millon+ oz (JORC-compliant) gold resource along a 50km (30 mile) gold trend from County Armagh across to Counties Monaghan and Cavan, along which it has identified a series of highly prospective gold targets. Conroy Gold and Natural Resources is a public company listed on the London Stock Exchange (AIM).
At the most advanced target, Clontibret in County Monaghan, a mineral resource of over 1 million ounces of gold (Indicated 440,000 ounces, Inferred 590,000 ounces) has been delineated in an area representing less than 20% of the target. Drilling is continuing within the 20% area, and has commenced in the remaining 80% of the Clontibret target anomaly, which is expected to further increase this resource.
(* in accordance with the JORC code and guidelines)
The gold anomaly extends for 2 km by 1 km, (c.140 ha / 350 acres). More than 80 soil samples were collected over the anomaly giving gold-in-soil values averaging over 50 ppb, with six samples between 100 ppb and 1,531 ppb (1.53g/t). The surface area of the discovery is greater than that of Clontibret (c.125 ha / 310 acres) and the gold-in-soil concentrations are double the average of those recorded at Clontibret.